Thursday, March 31, 2011

Basket of Thoughts


When I head to school each day I park less than a kilometre off campus and then walk to the big ol' University of Manitoba. So I parked today, got out of my car and started to walk. Almost instantly I was reminded of Victoria British Columbia. The ground was wet, it was 0 degrees Celsius, there was a sense of moisture in the air. It was everything that you could imagine BC to be. So as I made my eight minute walk I pretended that I was on the West Coast. Call me childish or what have you, but it was nice to have that escape first thing in the morning.

There is just something about nature. The complexity, diversity and beauty of nature. It never ceases to awe me. I am pumped to eventually travel the world and see all the glorious sites that my eyes have not yet laid eyes on.

Every Wednesday night I meet with a bunch of guys and we discuss stuff like the Bible, philosophy, God and every other question underneath the sun. Last night was no different, we talked about sin and what exactly that term encompasses. The group is made up of a diverse range of guys, from University students to those who quit school once they graduated high school. From single dudes to married dudes and everything in between (which is limited to dating, I think?) Either way, I learn so much from these guys, just bouncing ideas and theories off each other. If you ever have some questions and want to tag along, drop me a line.

So there is a few thoughts that were on my mind this morning, whats on yours?


May you have the hindsight to know where you've been
the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going too far.


No comments:

Post a Comment