Friday, April 15, 2011

My Ultimate Goal in Life...


I have been putting off blogging all week. I have had plenty of time to do it, but it seems like I have always found an excuse not to do it. As for that, I apologize.
When was the last time you had a seriously "trippy" experience? Let me rephrase that, when was the last time you had a seriously trippy experience while completely sober? While mine was last night, while sleeping. Although the experience is somewhat personal and I would rather not share it, I had a dream that had a direct relation to the date that it was, and to boot, I have had the week off so I was not even aware that this date was coming up. Anyways, that to say, the human subconscious seriously weirds me out sometimes.

On another note,

It often happens this way; sometimes I feel insecure about something I have written, yeah I'll admit it... I feel that what I wrote was too scatter brained or would be too hard for anyone to follow, but once I post those type of posts I get an incredible amount of positive feedback, therefore reinforcing me posting blogs and musings that I don't always feel comfortable sharing.

After one of my recent posts on smiling I happened to get a series of texts and Facebook messages. Each and everyone was uplifting and encouraging in some way. When I initially wrote up the draft for "And Sometimes a Smile" I didn't really know where I was going to go with it. I felt totally apprehensive about posting it, but once I got feedback from it, posting it was the best thing I could have done.

Let me break it down for you, my ultimate goal in life is to make a difference.

I want to change someones life for the better. I have already had plenty of opportunities to do this and I hope that I have been successful in most of them. Like I said, once I posted "And Sometimes a Smile" I received a whole lot of positive feedback. But I would say that the most important message communicated to me came in the form of a Facebook message from a girl that I have known for about 2-3 years now, she happens to be a few years younger than me but is a very mature and level headed person.

The context of her message was simple, it was a thank-you. She told me that I had succeeded in at least one life, I made some sort of a difference in her life. This is honestly the greatest joy that I could experience. Knowing that I have in some way, made a difference.
May you slow down so that you don't miss a thing,
May the eyes of your heart be enlightened.
May you be fully present, right here, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment