Sunday, May 2, 2010

Job 42

"I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted." - Job 42:2 (NIV)

I had heard someone speak of how whacked out God was because He allowed Job to suffer immense pain and suffering at the hands of Satan, and when Job asked God "Why me? Why all this?" God responded with a "Because!". So I figured I should read it and find out for myself. I bookmarked the page in the Bible a while ago but only got around to reading it now. God speaks to Job in a long piece as to how great He is in comparison to Job. But I see more here, I do not think that God was screaming at Job as to how foolish he could have been for questioning Him or boasting about His greatness, but rather God was reassuring Job that he will never leave him or forsake him (Heb. 13:5). I guess Job didn't have this New Testament promise to hold on to yet, but God was still there telling Job not to worry.

I think if God was tearing a strip off Job for questioning Him, Job would not have ever responded to God. He would have been beat into submission where the fetal position would have been Jobs only option. But instead Job praises God as to how mighty He is. After God is done speaking to Job, Job simply tells God that he understands. He may not completely understand why God had made him suffer but he does understand that God is not going to abandon him in his time of need, that God will still be there for Him despite his trials and hard times.

Just a little note... Something I took comfort in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment