Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kill 'Em With Kindness



I saw this tour poster and have since applied this principle to my life. Kindness is one of the greatest weapons that any man can possess. It has the power to do amazing things to the emotional state of any person.

I met a girl today. Aged 16, but doesn't look it one bit. In the first 3 minutes that we were in each others presence we said nothing more than a hello. In the next 2 minutes I asked about her musical preferences. In the next 4 minutes I showed her a song that she may enjoy. In the next 15 minutes I learned of how high school friends have treated her poorly, how her sister cuts and how she worries for her family.
It took me a very long time to process this exchange, I still am not to sure what to make of it. I simply gave this girl a ride from point A to B... All I know is that kindness kills. Kindness kills in the most positive and constructive way possible. It is kindness that breaks down the walls to a hardened heart.

Try it out. Be Kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment