Sunday, May 16, 2010

I listened to a lovely elderly lady named Erna Baughgartner speak today, here are some thoughts and notes I took that I'll share...

- Darkness is needed on a canvass to produce picture. A canvass is white and without darkness a picture cannot take from. In this way, darkness is needed in our life in the form of suffering. To paint a picture, to build character.

- "God has given, God has taken away. Yet the name of the Lord is to be praised"

- Job's friends came to him and they took pity on Him. They were right by sitting with him in his time of loss but they were wrong when they started to speak into his life without wisdom.

Okay, that point makes me think... Too often we try to speak words of advice into someones life when we have no clue what we are talking about... Being there for a friend is the best advice you could give, to not speak but rather simply be present.

Oh, and check out Job 2:8. Someone, please, tell me what that is saying to you. I stumbled upon it today while reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment