Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yukon Blonde + C.S. Lewis + The Bible = Whatever You Want It To

I got into the car, put the key in the ignition, turned it, rolled down the windows, opened the sun roof, and drove. This is my usual procedure when getting into the car, except this time something pleasantly peculiar happened. Once the car started up a sound filled my ears, a rather pleasant sound reminding me of far off places I have dreamt of yet never seen.

My years were filled with the joyous noises of Yukon Blonde. Yes, another BC band that has once again expanded my musical library. I encourage you to take a listen, I'll pop out a extremely positive review of this album within the coming week.

As for now, take a listen...


Anyways, it has been a rough week on about 50% of the frontlines. While one part of me is celebrating being done school, officially starting up my summer, another part of me is sad. Yup, sad is the best way to describe it. This week has been a whirlwind of constant poor news amongst my friendship circles. Throughout everything I have been holding on to a few quotes and scripture passages, allow me to share.

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..." - 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a

Be Blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment