Monday, February 7, 2011

A Snippet on Belief

As the majority of you know, I am a Christian. I am unashamed by my faith and live it out to the best of my ability. I believe that the road I have chosen is right, pure and most importantly, true. I am not one to shove my belief's down your throat but I do speak with conviction and confidence when it comes to the bare bones of faith and sharing my faith to those who wish to hear.

I had the opportunity today to speak with a student at the University of Manitoba who did not believe the way I did. Although he gave credence to some areas of my belief we disagreed in the fundamental basics. He is a muslim and I am a Christian. He asked a series of questions and I am looking forward to meeting with him again.

I think there is a beauty in respectful and positive dialogue between those of different religions and those of no religion at all. But, I emphasize the "respectful and positive." Let me remind you of something, I don't force my belief in Jesus on you, don't force your belief in nothing on me. Don't get me wrong, I have had some very good conversations with atheists (and people of other faiths) as well, but come on, don't be an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment