Sunday, May 8, 2011

In Christ Alone


So who is Jesus?

This is a question that I have asked myself over and over again. I have recently been reading the book Love Wins by Rob Bell, while some of you may want to hear a review on the book, we will get around to that some other time as some of the material is quite "controversial" and takes a decent amount of time to sift through and explain.

Anyways, how does Love Wins and Jesus tie into each other?

At the end of the second chapter in Love Wins Rob Bell describes Jesus' actions;
"Jesus invites us,
in this life,
in this broken, beautiful world,
to experience the life of heaven now.
He insisted over and over that God's peace, joy and love
are currently available to us, exactly as we are."

I have been dwelling on the idea of Jesus for so long and I can't say I fully understand who he is. But on the other hand I can say that I do think that in order to believe in Jesus one must believe in the whole of Jesus and not just parts of Him.

Example, many of my friends believe Jesus was just a great teacher from way back in the day. Just some dude who knew how to woo the crowd with friendly messages, although when you take a look at what Jesus really says, there is no way that you could conclude that Jesus was a great teacher but not the Son of God. Jesus made it clear to his followers that he was the Son of God, to discard this idea but to accept Him as some influential teacher would be to accept half the person who Jesus was.

Anyways, just seeing who Jesus really is, although I don't and never will have Him fully figured out, is amazing. I can sincerely say that I love Jesus.

I encourage you to flip through the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and explore who Jesus was, some of the things that he said and how they impacted the people around Him and how they resonate with us today.

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment