Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Cost of Discipleship


A requirement of my internship with Soul Sanctuary is to read and study a certain number of books. While I have hundreds of books to read for my regular university classes during the school year, I figured I would put off reading these books until April and then read them all while my school reading load is much lighter. However, I have started reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's The Cost of Discipleship each night before bed and I have been loving it.

Each night between 10.30-11.30pm I grab a cup o' tea and relax in my bed, reading Bonhoeffer and then my Bible. It is a beautiful routine and it is also the part of my day that I look forward to the most.


Whilst reading Bonhoeffer I discovered that the knowledge he shares is too brilliant to keep to myself. Therefore, each night before I start my reading routine I plan on sharing a snip bit of knowledge that I have learnt the night before. This will start as of tomorrow night, so be sure to keep checking back! If all goes well, I'll continue to do this with the other books that I will be reading.

Peace and Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment